how to stop chrome from opening apps
How to Stop Chrome from Opening Apps
Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers around the world, offering a multitude of features and functionalities. One of these features is the ability to open certain apps directly in the browser. While this can be convenient for some users, others may find it intrusive or unnecessary. If you fall into the latter category and want to learn how to stop Chrome from opening apps, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of disabling the app-opening feature in Chrome. We’ll cover various methods, including changing settings within the browser, using extensions, and modifying the Windows registry. By the end of this article, you’ll have a clear understanding of how to prevent Chrome from opening apps and regain control of your browsing experience.
Before we dive into the different methods, it’s important to note that Chrome’s app-opening feature is primarily designed to enhance the browsing experience and provide seamless integration with various web applications. However, if you find it more of a nuisance and prefer to launch apps separately, read on to discover the solutions.
Method 1: Adjusting Chrome Settings
The most straightforward way to stop Chrome from opening apps is by adjusting the browser’s settings. Follow these steps to modify the relevant settings:
Step 1: Launch Google Chrome on your computer .
Step 2: Click on the three-dot menu icon located in the top-right corner of the browser window.
Step 3: From the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
Step 4: Scroll down to the “On startup” section and click on the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
Step 5: Toggle off the switch next to “Continue where you left off” or “Open a specific set of pages.”
Step 6: Close the settings tab and restart Chrome.
By disabling the “Continue where you left off” setting, Chrome will no longer automatically open the apps you had active in your previous session. However, this method may not prevent Chrome from opening apps in other scenarios, such as when clicking on specific website links or bookmarks. To address this, we’ll explore additional methods in the following sections.
Method 2: Using Chrome Extensions
Another effective way to prevent Chrome from opening apps is by using browser extensions. These extensions can provide additional control and customization options for your browsing experience. Here are some popular extensions that can help you achieve this:
1. App Launcher Customizer for Google™: This extension allows you to customize the appearance and behavior of Chrome’s app launcher, giving you more control over which apps are opened.
2. AppJump App Launcher and Organizer: With this extension, you can organize and customize your app launcher, making it easier to access the apps you want while preventing unwanted ones from opening.
3. SimpleExtManager: This extension provides a simple and intuitive interface to manage all your Chrome extensions. By disabling or removing specific extensions, you can prevent the associated apps from opening.
To install these extensions, follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch Google Chrome on your computer.
Step 2: Visit the Chrome Web Store by typing “chrome://extensions” in the address bar and pressing Enter.
Step 3: In the search bar, enter the name of the desired extension (e.g., “App Launcher Customizer for Google™”).
Step 4: Click on the extension from the search results and then click the “Add to Chrome” button to install it.
Step 5: Once installed, the extension’s icon will appear in the top-right corner of the browser window. Click on it to access its settings and customize your app launcher.
Using these extensions, you can regain control over which apps are launched within Chrome, effectively preventing unwanted ones from opening automatically.
Method 3: Modifying the Windows Registry
Note: Modifying the Windows Registry can have unintended consequences and may cause system instability if done incorrectly. It is recommended to create a backup of your registry or consult a professional before proceeding.
If you’re comfortable modifying the Windows Registry, you can use this method to disable Chrome’s app-opening feature system-wide. Here’s how:
Step 1: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
Step 2: Type “regedit” (without quotes) in the Run dialog box and press Enter. This will open the Windows Registry Editor.
Step 3: In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
Step 4: Right-click on the “command” folder on the left pane and select “Export.” This will create a backup of the folder, which you can use to restore the original configuration if needed.
Step 5: After creating the backup, right-click on the “command” folder again and select “Delete.”
Step 6: Close the Registry Editor.
By deleting the “command” folder, you are effectively disabling Chrome’s ability to open apps when clicking on specific links or bookmarks. However, keep in mind that this method modifies the Windows Registry, which can have unintended consequences if not done correctly. Proceed with caution and make sure to backup the registry before making any changes.
Method 4: Using a Different Web Browser
If disabling Chrome’s app-opening feature proves to be too cumbersome or does not yield the desired results, you might consider switching to a different web browser altogether. Many alternative browsers offer similar functionalities to Chrome without the app-opening feature. Here are some popular options:
1. Mozilla Firefox : Firefox is a widely used web browser known for its privacy features and extensive library of add-ons and extensions.
2. Microsoft Edge: Edge is the default web browser for Windows 10 and offers a fast and secure browsing experience.
3. Opera: Opera is a feature-rich browser that focuses on speed, security, and customization. It offers a built-in ad blocker, VPN, and various other tools.
4. Safari : Safari is the default web browser for Apple devices and provides a seamless browsing experience across all Apple platforms.
By switching to a different browser, you can avoid the hassle of disabling Chrome’s app-opening feature altogether. However, keep in mind that each browser has its own set of features and functionalities, so it’s important to choose one that best aligns with your needs and preferences.
In conclusion, Chrome’s app-opening feature can be convenient for some users, but it may not be suitable for everyone. If you find it intrusive or unnecessary, you can use the methods outlined in this article to regain control over which apps are opened within Chrome. By adjusting Chrome settings, using extensions, modifying the Windows registry, or switching to a different browser altogether, you can customize your browsing experience and prevent unwanted apps from automatically opening. Remember to proceed with caution when modifying system settings or the Windows Registry and always create backups to avoid any unintended consequences.
mp3 players that work with mac
Are you a Mac user looking for an MP3 player that is compatible with your device? You’re in luck! In this article, we will explore the world of MP3 players that work seamlessly with Mac computers. We will discuss various options available in the market, their features, and what makes them a great choice for Mac users. So, let’s dive in and find the perfect MP3 player for your Mac!
1. Apple iPod Touch: Let’s start with the most obvious choice, the Apple iPod Touch. As a product of Apple, it is specifically designed to work flawlessly with Mac computers. The iPod Touch offers a vast range of features, including a high-resolution Retina display, a powerful A10 Fusion chip, and up to 256GB of storage capacity. It also supports Apple Music, allowing you to access millions of songs directly on your device.
2. Sony Walkman NW-A55: If you’re looking for a premium MP3 player that delivers exceptional audio quality, the Sony Walkman NW-A55 is worth considering. It supports various audio formats, including high-resolution audio, and features a digital amplifier for crystal-clear sound. The Walkman NW-A55 has a sleek design, a responsive touchscreen, and up to 45 hours of battery life.
3. SanDisk Clip Sport Plus: For those who prefer a compact and affordable MP3 player, the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus is an excellent choice. It has a durable design, a built-in clip for easy attachment, and a bright color display. The Clip Sport Plus is also water and sweat-resistant, making it perfect for outdoor activities. It supports various audio formats and offers up to 16GB of storage capacity.
4. Astell&Kern AK Jr: If you’re an audiophile who values both portability and audio quality, the Astell&Kern AK Jr is a fantastic option. It features a sleek aluminum design, a 3.1-inch touchscreen, and high-quality audio components. The AK Jr supports various lossless audio formats and offers expandable storage via microSD card. It also has a long battery life of up to 14 hours.
5. Cowon Plenue D2: Another great option for audiophiles is the Cowon Plenue D2. It boasts a powerful DAC (digital-to-analog converter) and supports high-resolution audio formats, providing an immersive listening experience. The Plenue D2 has a premium build quality, a responsive touchscreen, and up to 64GB of internal storage. It also supports Bluetooth connectivity for wireless audio streaming.
6. FiiO M11: The FiiO M11 is a feature-packed MP3 player that offers a balance between audio quality, functionality, and affordability. It runs on an Android-based operating system, allowing you to download and install various music streaming apps. The M11 has a large 5.15-inch touchscreen, a powerful DAC, and supports both wired and wireless audio connections. It also offers expandable storage and a long battery life.
7. Pioneer XDP-100R: If you’re seeking a high-end MP3 player with advanced features, the Pioneer XDP-100R is worth considering. It supports various lossless audio formats, including DSD, and features a dual DAC configuration for exceptional audio quality. The XDP-100R has a sleek design, a responsive touchscreen, and up to 32GB of internal storage. It also offers expandable storage and Wi-Fi connectivity.
8. Hidizs AP80: For those who prioritize portability, the Hidizs AP80 is a compact MP3 player that delivers impressive audio quality. It features a small touchscreen, a durable aluminum body, and supports various lossless audio formats. The AP80 offers up to 64GB of internal storage and supports expandable storage via microSD card. It also has a long battery life and Bluetooth connectivity.
9. Shanling M6 Pro: The Shanling M6 Pro is a high-end MP3 player that combines excellent audio quality with a wealth of features. It features a large 5.15-inch touchscreen, a powerful DAC, and supports various lossless audio formats. The M6 Pro runs on an Android-based operating system, allowing you to install music streaming apps. It offers up to 32GB of internal storage and supports expandable storage.
10. AGPTEK A02: If you’re on a tight budget, the AGPTEK A02 is a cost-effective MP3 player that works well with Mac computers. It has a simple design, physical buttons for easy navigation, and supports various audio formats. The A02 offers up to 70 hours of battery life and up to 32GB of storage capacity. It also supports FM radio and is lightweight, making it perfect for sports and outdoor activities.
In conclusion, Mac users have plenty of options when it comes to MP3 players that work seamlessly with their devices. From the iconic iPod Touch to high-end options like the Sony Walkman NW-A55 and Astell&Kern AK Jr, there is a wide range of choices available. Whether you prioritize audio quality, portability, or affordability, you can find an MP3 player that suits your needs. So, go ahead and enhance your music listening experience with one of these fantastic MP3 players for Mac!
burner phone app reviews
Burner Phone App Reviews: The Ultimate Guide to Securing Your Privacy
In this digital age, privacy has become a top concern for many individuals. With the increasing number of cyber threats, surveillance, and data breaches, it’s no wonder that people are looking for ways to protect their personal information. One popular solution is using a burner phone app.
Burner phone apps allow users to create temporary phone numbers that can be used for various purposes, such as online dating, classified ads, or business transactions. These apps provide an extra layer of security by keeping your real phone number private. In this article, we will review some of the top burner phone apps available on the market today.
1. Burner – Burner is one of the most popular burner phone apps available. It allows users to create multiple phone numbers that can be used for calling and texting. Burner also offers additional features like call forwarding, voicemail, and auto-reply. The app is easy to use and provides a seamless experience for those looking to protect their privacy.
2. Hushed – Hushed is another highly rated burner phone app that provides users with disposable phone numbers. It offers various subscription plans to suit different needs, including temporary numbers for short-term use or long-term plans for those who require a more extended period of privacy. Hushed also allows users to send and receive text messages, make calls, and even set up voicemail.
3. Sideline – Sideline is a burner phone app specifically designed for business professionals. It allows users to create a second phone number for work-related purposes, like contacting clients or colleagues. Sideline offers features such as auto-reply, voicemail, and call forwarding. The app also integrates with your existing phone’s contacts and allows for seamless communication.
4. TextNow – TextNow is a burner phone app that offers free phone numbers for calling and texting. However, it also provides a premium subscription plan that includes additional features like voicemail transcription, call forwarding, and ad removal. TextNow is an excellent option for those looking for a cost-effective solution to protect their privacy.
5. 2ndLine – 2ndLine is a burner phone app developed by TextNow. It allows users to create a second phone number for calling and texting. The app offers features like call forwarding, voicemail, and the ability to use your number on multiple devices. 2ndLine is a reliable option for those who want to keep their personal and professional lives separate.
6. CoverMe – CoverMe is a burner phone app that provides users with secure messaging and calling features. It offers end-to-end encryption for all communications, ensuring that your conversations are private and protected. CoverMe also includes additional features like self-destructing messages, private vaults to store sensitive files, and even a private browser.
7. Line2 – Line2 is a burner phone app designed for small businesses and entrepreneurs. It allows users to create a second phone number for business-related calls and texts. Line2 offers features like call forwarding, voicemail, and even conference calling. The app also integrates with other popular business tools like Salesforce and Google Workspace.
8. Phoner – Phoner is a burner phone app that offers users temporary phone numbers for calling and texting. It provides various subscription plans, allowing users to choose the number of minutes and texts they need. Phoner also offers call forwarding, voicemail, and the ability to use your number on multiple devices.
9. Flyp – Flyp is a burner phone app that enables users to create multiple phone numbers for different purposes. It offers features like call forwarding, voicemail, and even the ability to record calls. Flyp also integrates with other popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
10. MySudo – MySudo is a burner phone app that provides users with private, secure phone numbers for calling and texting. It allows users to create multiple “Sudos,” which are like virtual identities. Each Sudo comes with its own phone number and email address, providing an extra layer of privacy and security.
In conclusion, burner phone apps are an excellent solution for those looking to protect their privacy and keep their personal information secure. With a wide range of features and subscription plans available, there is a burner phone app to suit every individual’s needs. Whether you’re looking to create temporary phone numbers for personal or business use, these apps offer a secure and convenient way to communicate without compromising your privacy.